Saturday, April 2, 2011

Mile Marker catchup up until Now...

Our stats up until now! I also figured out how to post from my phone so we should be much more "regular" from now on.

Day 1:
(AJ) Mile 0 - Mileage 69090 - Time 17:55 Weather 84 and Clear in Austin
(AJ) Time 18:02 - Arrive Library - CLOSED! No books on tape for us!
(AJ) Time 18:10 - HEB getting provisions
(AJ) Time 18:25 - On the ROAD... Going up 360
(AJ) Time 18:50 - Taking drink in car, first spill of the trip, curse you big mouth jug! Ran down both sides of mouth, neck and into shirt. I smell like carrot orange juice.
(AJ) Time 19:10 - Pee Break I35 outside of Dallas. Mileage 69270 Miles 180. AJ going nappy for second stage of trip
(AJ) Time 2130 - Passing downtown Dallas - bye bye y'all

Day 2:
(AJ) Time 0030 - Just woke from nappy for gas on the other side of Texarkana. Mpg 24.3! Not too bad!
(AJ) Time 0430 - Early morning switch over. Mileage 69735 26 mpg! Just this side of Memphis. My shift, I feel great and ready for the drive. Best part found chicky strips at the gas station Yaahh! Was able to spend the next hour picking it out of my teeth. Worst bathroom groom experience ever due to untidiness of floor and untied shoes.

(AJ) Time 0440 - Memphis is beautiful at night. The bridge is all lit up and the skyline is pretty. The suburbs however have scattered cemeterys and on this particular evening a spectre like fog hung in the treetops. I imagine it was inhabited by spirits who could not leave memphis. No sign of Elvis. Zombie or otherwise.

No comments:

Post a Comment